Thursday 8 September 2011

The Gentleman & My Tuxedo...

Hello beautiful people! I have a beautiful story to share with you today. Early last month my mummy took me to visit a gentleman, his name is Mr. Keith Kee. Mummy said Mr. Keith is one of her favorite designers and he is going to make me some very nice clothes. Mr. Keith's shop, Keith Kee Couture is a really fun place! All the people in there are really warm and friendly; and there is also an endless supply of sweets on his lounge table, but mummy won't let me have them, so I hid them in my fist until we got home!

The sweets are in my fist, but must pretend to show sad face.
Normally, when mummy takes me shopping, I just pick and choose the clothes that I like; but with Mr. Keith's clothes... must visit him 3 times before I get to wear my beautiful clothes! Mummy says because it is a special type of outfit called "tuxedo" that will make me look very handsome. What a funny name for an outfit. According to my papa, the word "tuxedo" came from the name of a country club in New York, called "Tuxedo Park Club" and the first "tuxedo" was tailored by "Savile Row"; because all the gentlemen from Tuxedo Park Club started wearing the "tuxedo" in public, people started associating the outfit with the club's name... interesting! Mr. Keith, I wonder if you can make an "ashton"!

The 1st visit - taking measurements for my tuxedo
The 2nd visit - the fitting of my tuxedo
Don't know why so many people were trying to hold me down for the fitting?!
All I wanted was a drink!
See! Looking good!
Very nice! Thank you very very much, Mr. Keith.
Such a handsome suit, can only wear to a handsome event! So, I wore it to the year's most glamourous event, Keith Kee Couture's 10th Anniversary Fashion Gala! The event was held on the 7th day of August at the Renaissance Hotel and it was FUN! There were so many people there and I had so much fun meeting all of them!

Mummy Amber is so pretty. I love you, mummy!
They even made a billboard for mummy Amber and me!
Congratulations, Mr. Keith & Uncle Ben, for 10 amazing years.
And here are some of the beautiful people that I met...




The main event of the night was of course the fashion show, and it was a blast!!! Mr. Keith's creations are so very very beautiful. Here are some photos if you don't believe me...

These 2 ladies, Chris Tong & Belinda Chee, were talking the whole night but they looked beautiful in Mr. Keith's gowns!
Ms. Wincci Soo has a beautiful voice, but her Keith Kee gown is even more beautiful!


















Uncle Dramatic, Benjamin Toong!
And , of course, my mummy had to take me on the "runway" again. She says because it was a special day! It was Mr. Keith's 10th Anniversary and coincidentally, I was also 10 months and 10 days old exactly on that day!!! Besides, I had to show off my beautiful "tuxedo" or "ashton" as I like to call it!





Over 100 outfits were paraded in the fashion show. Mr. Keith must be a very hard-working gentleman. I guess, that's why after 10 years, he is still going strong. I have a lot to learn! At 10 months, I am already feeling lazy...

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!
All the beautiful models in Mr. Keith's beautiful creations!
 Mr. Keith, thank you for showing me that beautiful things are created with passion and hard-work. Congratulations once again, and I look forward to your next beautiful creation, the "ashton"...




1 comment: